Hack Freak Nerd Party II
Hack Freak Nerd Party II
Last Update: May 5, 1997 21:47
The second HFNP was held on February 24, 1996 at Jan's home, on
Javastraat 47f, The Hague (Holland). It started at 12:00 and ended
somewhere around 05:00 the next morning (though opinions differ about
that last fact).
Who was there ?
The guests (nerds) at the second HFNP where in order of arrival: Jan, Elmar,
Carlo, Arjan, Vincent, Rob, Klaas, Erik, Thom, Mark, Wido-Bart and Aernoud.
In what order did they leave ?
The order of leaving was: Erik, Klaas, Rob, Aernoud, Carlo, Wido-Bart, Arjan,
Mark, Elmar, Vincent, Thom and Jan.
Who weren't there ?
We'll, ofcourse some 5 billion weren't there, but the people who were invited
and couldn't be there, or were afraid of the social environment, were: Mark
Verboom, Paul Citroen, Ard Bout, Jan Willem van Dalfsen, Arno Griffioen and
The Internet connectivity to this HFNP (28k8 leased line) has been sponsored
by Internet Exchange Europe.
What happend ?
What interesting things happen at a HFNP ? Well, things like:
- Elmar, Carlo and Jan are Configuring the local net.
- Jan is working on Truly Open Network Computing (TONC).
- Klaas should be testing and developing Firewall software.
- Jan is developing some network management software.
- Carlo, Klaas and Elmar propose to build a joystick interface to Netscape.
- Carlo is providing Babbel 17.1 with WWW interface, though he is still working on it.
- Elmar is installing the newest Netscape to support Babbel.
- Virtually everybody is creating home-pages here by now.
- Elmar is working on a WWW interface to my CD player.
- Erik is working on creating a server from available parts.
- Thom is working on core-war software.
- Rob is playing boring Command and Concur.
- Vincent has brought his Sony Playstation, boring stuff...
- The old Lynx game box's are not forgotten !
- Social stuff
- We have been eating Lasagna, it's was very eatable.
- We ran out Grolsch beugelflesjes first, then out of Brand
beer, finally even drunk Heineken and now work on the last Bavaria
- Wido-Bart, Arjan, Mark, Vincent and Jan went to Scheveningen
between 01:00 and 04:00 to keep up there Boenkie Boenkie
What didn't happen ?
What things don't happen at a HFNP and why not ? Well, either because the are
boring or forgotten. Like:
- Boring Thom could'nt live up to his promises.
- Vincent and Thom are not amused; the want back to
Vail in Colorado.
- Jan forgot to get his fotographs of Vail from his parents
- Nerd Stuff
- Erik could'nt finish his Dr. Erik part II on time.
Last update: /var/www.ner